Vegan Marsala Pasta
I am not kidding when I say this is probably one of my top 3 recipes on my blog, and this is probably the recipe that I have made the most. Every time I make this for someone they always request it again. I made this recipe for my college roommates almost every week and my mom begs me to make it weekly when I am home.
You can use whatever kind of pasta shape you want with this recipe, I have used all different kinds, and you can add protein to it as well. My mom has made this for my brothers with chicken before.
I love this recipe because you can really make it any time of the year, it is comforting in the winter yet light enough for the summer. You really cannot go wrong when making this.
This recipe calls for vegan creamer and vegan cheese, of course if you are not dairy free you can definitely sub the real thing. But if you are dairy free my favorite alternatives to creamer is the unflavored Nutpods creamer and the unflavored Malk creamer, both you can find at most grocery stores. As for vegan cheese, I have been on the hunt for the best vegan cheese that tastes good and actually melts. Fortunately for this recipe it is easy for the cheese to melt into the sauce (as opposed to making a grilled cheese or a pizza or something) and my favorite cheese brands are Violife and Vevan Foods. More and more vegan alternatives are popping up every time I go to the grocery store and they are becoming more accessible to people.
If you have any questions about this recipe or any of my other recipes don’t hesitate to reach out via Instagram, my dm’s are always open!
- 1 box of pasta of choice
- Big handful of large mushrooms, sliced
- About 1/2 large yellow or white onion, diced
- 2 Tbs vegan butter
- About 3-4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4-1/3 Cup white wine (marsala, zinfandel, etc.)
- About 4 TBS vegan cream cheese (Trader Joe’s brand is cheapest and in my opinion tastes the best)
- About 5 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1/3-1/2 cup vegan mozzarella
- 1/3-1/2 cup vegan creamer
- Boil a large pot of heavily salted water and cook the pasta according to box instructions
- In a large sauce pan add your vegan butter on medium heat and add your diced onion.
- Add a generous amount of salt and cook
- Cook until nearly translucent and then add your minced garlic and sliced mushrooms
- Add wine to deglaze the pan and continue to cook
- Add the vegan cream cheese, nutritional yeast, creamer and mozzarella and stir until melted through
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce pan and stir
- Top with salt, red pepper flakes, and vegan part (optional)