Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats
I am obsessed with these vegan chocolate peanut butter rice crispy treats. If you don’t know by now/can’t tell by all the chocolate peanut butter treats that I post, it is my favorite sweet combination. I love any treat that is sweet and salty, and especially a treat that has nut butter in it!
These are super easy to make and the best part is they are no bake. Who doesn’t love a no bake treat? You cannot mess it up! These are for all those who might struggle in the kitchen when it comes to baking.
I am definitely going to make these while I am at school, because although I do have an oven it isn’t very great and I love easy and simple treats that I can make when I am at school. Plus these are very freezer friendly- After I made a big batch of these I ate some, gave some to my friends (they all loved this recipe) and then I froze the rest. I have a treat bag in my freezer of some of my previous recipes, and whenever I want dessert or something sweet I dig through the freezer to find it. I love doing this because there is so much variety, I get excited to eat some old recipes that I made in the past, and you dont waste anything!
I used Nature’s Path Organic brown rice cereal that I got at whole foods, but you can use any type of rice cereal that you want! If you want to go with the OG rice krispies, go for it! Rice krispies always remind me of my childhood because they were at every bake sale and I also used to bring rice krispie treats to lunch all the time as a kid (I was the pickiest/ most unhealthy eater when I was younger). These are definitely a spin off of the original flavor, but I am planning on making some different flavors in the future (hint hint an OG rice krispy treat recipe might be coming in the future).
- -4 cups brown rice cereal
- -1 and 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- -1/2 c maple syrup/ honey
- -1.5 tsp vanilla
- -1 1/2 cup chocolate
- -sea salt
- In a large pot or saucepan melt the peanut butter, syrup, and vanilla on medium heat until it is fully combined.
- Transfer to low and add the rice cereal until the mixture is fully combined.
- Line and 8×8 pan with parchment paper and add the mixture to the pan.
- Press down firmly (you can use back of spatula, a rolling pin, a glass etc.)
- Then melt the chocolate with a little bit of coconut oil in small increments until it is fully melted.
- Pour the chocolate on top and add seat salt.
- Place in the fridge for a few hours or until it’s hardened.