The Easiest Summer Orzo Salad
This is literally the easiest orzo salad ever because it is so customizable. I like to make this orzo with any and all veggies and herbs that I have on hand in my fridge. I love these types of “clean out the fridge” meals and this orzo salad is perfect for it.
I used a handful of herbs that I had in my garden to really brighten this dish. I really love adding scallions to all my dishes so I always add that, and I also used fresh oregano and chives but you can really add anything you like.
I love adding a fish or tofu or something on top of a bowl of this orzo for the perfect meal. Sometimes I also will make an additional sauce to go over this meal like a pesto sauce or an aioli of sorts.
You can use any veggies you have but these are the things I like to put in it:
- 1 box of orzo
- Red onion
- Grape tomatoes
- Fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Italian dressing
- Red wine vinegar
- Splash of olive oil
- Cook box of orzo according to box instructions
- Chop up all the veggies you have
- Add you fresh herbs
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add a big splash of red wine vinegar
- Add a splash of olive oil
- Add a big splash of Italian dressing (I used my moms homemade dressing but you can use any kind you have)
- Just keep adding a splash of each and taste test and adjust to your liking