Sweet and Salty Popcorn
I’ve said it once and I will say it again, there is no better combination than sweet and salty. This popcorn is the absolute perfect mix between sweet and salty. When the drizzle of chocolate on top of the popcorn hardens, it makes this popcorn that much better. It sort of reminds me of the hard chocolate shell you get on your ice cream cone.
A while ago my family got a popcorn machine, not thinking we were going to use it that often and oh my gosh we use it all the time. We are constantly making all sorts of different kinds of popcorn, whether it be traditional butter and salt, sweet and salty popcorn, herb popcorn, and a million other combinations! When you use a popcorn machine, the popcorn is ten times better and you know exactly what is going into it- just two ingredients: popcorn kernels and your oil of choice. Instead of store bought popcorn that is filled with extra ingredients and all different kinds of oils and artificial flavors. Oh and also, this popcorn is ten times better than those store bought popcorns anyway.
It is definitely not necessary to use a popcorn machine, I know a lot of people do it on the stove and that works just as well! When I was younger my Dad made popcorn on the stove every once and a while and it was my all-time favorite popcorn whenever he made it like that!
This is probably the easiest recipe of all time, and it is great to put out for dessert or as a snack for when people come to your house, because it looks kind of fancy even though it really is not! I also make this whenever I am really craving a salty & sweet snack!
- About ¼ Cup of popcorn kernels (this makes kind of a lot- enough to share….maybe)
- 1-2 TBS of neutral tasting oil (I used avocado but you can use any other type of oil, like olive, even coconut to give it a sweeter flavor)
- A big sprinkle of sea salt
- About ¼ Cup of chocolate chips, melted
- First cook your popcorn in the oil, however you would like to cook it
- Once the popcorn is done sprinkle a good amount of sea salt over the top
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle it on top
It is seriously that easy!!