Homemade Toasted Pine Nut Hummus
I absolutely love making homemade hummus for a few reasons, for starters you can customize the flavoring however you want to and come up with new flavor combinations. Another reason I love making my own hummus is because you do not need to include the unnecessary additives that are in many store bought hummuses. For example citric acid, guar gum, xanthom gum, etc. All things that you do not need in your hummus. Plus, homemade hummus is usually ten times better than store bought because you can make it the consistency and flavor that you love.
I loved this hummus because the flavor was unbeatable and the smooth and crunchy texture was the best. This would be an awesome appetizer for if you have people over. You can use this as a veggie and chip dip, to spread on sandwiches, put in salads, or put in bowls. I love meal prepping a batch of hummus at the beginning of the week so that I have it for all my meals and snacks for the rest of the week.
I also love homemade hummus because it is cheaper than store bought and it is no waste! Many of the ingredients you need for this hummus, you probably already have in your pantry or in your refrigerator.
Again, you can loosely follow this recipe and come up with any flavor combination you like! I hope you enjoy this recipe, and as always please DM me or email me a picture if you have made one of my recipes. Seeing your recipe creations absolutely makes my day!!!
- 1 Can of Chickpeas (Rinsed, Drained, and Peeled)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 TBS of Toasted Pine Nuts (plus some more to drizzle on top)
- 1 TBS Tahini
- 1 TBS Olive Oil (plus more to drizzle on top)
- Big Pinch of Salt
- You might also want to add some water or Aquafaba (liquid from the chickpea can) to smooth it out- start by adding small amounts at a time until you get your desired consistency
- Peel the chickpeas (this is a pain. You do not have to do this step but it makes the texture much smoother, or you can just blend for longer)
- Add everything to the blender and blend on high
- Adjust to the desired taste and consistency
- Top with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, olive oil, and toasted pine nuts.
I love serving this with Simple Mills Crackers, a bunch of raw veggies, or some warm pita!