GF/DF Chocolate Funfetti Banana Bread
Ok it is time to celebrate because this banana bread flavor is ALL TIME. Honestly, adding sprinkles to anything makes it taste so much better (and makes it so much prettier!)
I can’t get over how many different banana bread flavors I have made in the past few months… and guess what? I am not stopping. I have so many more amazing flavors coming your way soon! I always buy a ton of bananas and they always seem to ripen so much faster than I can eat them, which leaves me no choice but to make banana bread (well, at least that’s my excuse I tell myself). When I am living at home I have to literally hide the bananas so my dad doesn’t eat them all, so since I haven’t been living home in awhile I always have an excess of overripe bananas.
I had one of my roommates try this recipe (because my dad aka my designated taste tester is not around to do his job), and she said this might be her favorite one yet. She said that it tastes like a chocolate peanut butter cosmic brownie. Does anyone else remember cosmic brownies? I literally had a love affair with them and would pack them in my lunch box all the time as a kid. And yes every kid did want to trade snacks with me (Oh, shoutout to my mom for always giving me the best snacks as a kid- our house was definitely the unhealthy house so all my friends loved coming over and raiding out pantry lol).
Anyway, now that I finally have some of my baking essentials up at my college house, I am definitely going to start testing some more fun baking recipes since I haven’t been able to in a few weeks now. I am definitely going to be testing some festive recipes now that summer is over and we are coming into back to back holiday seasons right now. I have so many ideas for different recipes and I am so excited to get cooking and sharing with you guys. It absolutely makes my day when you guys make one of my recipes! So please, if you ever make something of mine please dm or text me pictures and reviews- I love feedback!!
Ok now to the recipe- I haven’t tried any substitutes for this recipe (but it is pretty much the exact same as the rest of my banana bread flavors). My mom has tried using flax eggs a few times and the flavor is still amazing but it makes the batter sink a little bit, so the texture is a tiny bit off, but it is still delicious! If you try any substitutes (at your own risk) please let me know how they come out!
-2 Medium bananas, mashed
-2 TBS maple Syrup
-2 TBS melted coconut oil
-1.5 TSP vanilla extract
-1/4 Cup creamy peanut butter or any nut butter
-1.5 Cups of almond flour
-1/2 Cup cocoa powder
-1 TSP baking powder
-1 TSP baking soda
-pinch of sea salt
-1/3 Cup of sprinkles and more to add on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mash the banana with a fork in a large mixing bowl
- Add the eggs, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and nut butter into that bowl and mix all the wet ingredients well.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the mixing bowl and mix until a batter consistency forms.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the sprinkles
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour the mixture into the dish.
- Pour some more sprinkles on top
- Cook for about 35-40 minutes or until the bread is just cooked through- as soon as you can stick a knife in the bread with little to no batter coming off remove the bread from the oven.
- Try to take the bread out of the pan by pulling on the parchment paper sides and let it fully cool before slicing.