Funfetti Banana Bread (gluten free and dairy free)
I absolutely love this recipe because it was so much fun to create (and eat). Honestly, any dessert is better when you add sprinkles. It not only makes the dessert ten times prettier, but it also makes it taste so much better. Funfetti anything is my fav!
For this recipe I went off of my original banana bread recipe. So many people absolutely loved the recipe for my original banana bread so I decided to make another variation. I have found that this recipe (not to be biased) has the best texture ever. I definitely think that almond flour works best in this recipe too, although I have tried it with regular all-purpose flour and it does taste good but it gives it a completely different texture. I have found that the best price for almond flour is either the Costco brand or the Trader Joe’s brand. I absolutely love baking with almond flour, because it makes the recipe gluten free so people with gluten allergies can consume the treat, and also I love the flavor of almond flour. I have also tried substituting flax eggs in replace of a real egg to make this recipe vegan, and it came out great!
Similarly to my Funfetti cookie recipe, I used both cashew butter and almond extract to give this sort of a cakey flavor. I have found cashew butter at pretty much every grocery store, you can also make your own cashew butter in a food processor (there are plenty of recipes online!). As for the almond extract a little goes a long way. Almond extract is very potent so be sure to do the exact measurements.
I gave this banana bread to a bunch of my family members and friends when I was testing it out, and they all absolutely loved it! It is such a fun recipe to make, and I am sure little kids would absolutely love this recipe as well! I also love how simple the ingredients are in this recipe. Usually banana bread is flooded with butter and sugar but not this one!
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBS maple syrup
- 2 TBS coconut oil, melted
- ½ TSP almond extract
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- ¼ Cup creamy cashew butter
- 2 Cups almond flour
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 1 TSP baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 Cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mash the banana with a fork in a large mixing bowl
- Add the eggs and whisk together the eggs and the banana
- Add in the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond extract and cashew butter and stir
- Once all the wet ingredients are mixed together add in the almond flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt
- Once you have the banana bread mixture add in the rainbow sprinkles with a rubber spatula or spoon. I usually use my kitchen aid to make this recipe but I add in the sprinkles at the end and mix it by hand so that the sprinkles don’t get crushed
- Spray and line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for about 40 minutes. Watch and continue to check on it- as soon as it is golden brown on the top and just cooked through in the center then it is ready to go!