5 Ingredient Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Who doesn’t love super simple baked goods? I made these super easy 5 ingredient Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies for those who may be lost in the kitchen when it comes to baking. These are very difficult to mess up, so if you do not consider yourself a baker these are definitely the cookie for you!
Not only are these incredibly easy to make, but they are also made with extremely simple ingredients and most of them you probably already have!
I created these cookies because I was constantly left with just 1 ripe banana and usually I need two ripe bananas to make my banana breads. I did not want to waste an overripe banana so I decided to create these!
Another thing I love about these cookies is that they are great for little kids! They are made with healthy ingredients and the only sweetener is a little bit of vanilla extract and some chocolate chips. These are such a great alternative for store bought cookies that are filled with sugar and processed ingredients. These can also pass as a breakfast cookie as well, at least that is what I am telling myself because who doesn’t want to eat cookies for breakfast? Anyhow the main ingredients are banana, oats and peanut butter so it sounds pretty breakfast to me!
I like to make a batch of these cookies and store them in the freezer if I know I am not going to eat them all right away. When I am ready to have one of the cookies I just remove one from the freezer and microwave it for a few seconds and they are perfect!
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup of creamy all natural peanut butter
- ¾ cup of old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- ¼ cup of chocolate chips
- Pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Mash the banana with a fork in a large mixing bowl
- Add the peanut butter, rolled oats, and vanilla and mix thoroughly
- Lastly fold in the chocolate chips
- Once everything is mixed together, place the dough in the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes
- While the dough is in the fridge, heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use an ice cream scooper to scoop the dough and form into balls
- Gently press down on the dough to make them into a cookie shape
- Bake the cookies for about 10- 15 minutes
- Sprinkle with sea salt